GTI in partnership with Teach With Africa is seeking highly qualified and motivated teachers and educators to participate in our annual Instructional Fellowship Programme in South Africa from 28 June to 07 August 2020 (provisional dates). The deadline for applications is 02 March 2020.
We typically recruit certified high school and upper middle school teachers with four years or more of classroom experience teaching high school math, science, English or computer science, though from time to time take outstanding teachers in other subjects.
The programme aims to facilitate an authentic platform for fellows and their South African hosts to learn from one another, improve their instructional practices, and shift the international engagement paradigm from one of giving and taking to co-creation and sharing. In addition to professional experience and expertise, we seek to recruit Fellows who are excited by the potential of the programme to be a truly transformative experience, personally and professionally.
What costs are covered by the Fellowship?
- Internal transport in South Africa (excluding private travel on the weekends and public holidays)
- Accommodation and meals at the 3-day orientation workshop at the GTI Head Office
- Accommodation and meals at GTI’s annual 5-day education summit.
- Placement at a host school for approximately 3 weeks. Meals and accommodation are at your own expense during this period.
What costs do I (or my local sponsor) need to need cover?
- Airfare to and from South Africa
- Visa and travel insurance
- Any weekend or public holiday excursions
What are the admission requirements?
To apply for the programme, you need to be:
- An instructional teacher or training to be a teacher
- At least 21 years old
- Have a valid passport or have applied for one by the application deadline 02 March 2020
We do receive more applications than we can take into the programme. As such, we will, through an interview and in written tasks during the application process, look for candidates that:
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate and lead professional development opportunities
- Are committed to student-centred learning and social transformation
- Are comfortable in new environments and having challenging and difficult conversations
- Display expertise in one or more of GTI’s focus areas:
- Instructional leadership
- Leadership development
- Project-Based Learning
- Design Thinking
- Organisation Development
- Social Justice
- Social-Emotional Learning
How and where do I apply?
Click the “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION NOW” button below to download and begin the application process. Please have the following documentation ready in electronic form to upload with your application:
- A scanned copy of your passport
- A high-resolution professional picture or headshot
- A brief resume (2 pages maximum)
- Any necessary medical information as mentioned in your online application process
If you are unable to click or open the button please follow the link below. 2020-Teach-With-Africa-Fellowship-Application
Should you have any queries or problems with the online application, please mail email@example.com.