The theme for this year’s Summit is “Revive, Refresh and Regenerat
- Promoting digital equity in education. Digital equity is an all-encompassing term as it includes both access to and the ability to use digital resources effectively.
- Socio-emotional learning and other critical issues that were amplified by the pandemic.
- Financial education and wellness for stakeholders in education.
- The Global Majority Mindset: Black teachers as transformative leaders.
Today’s world is rapidly changing. New trends, processes and systems are being developed at a phenomenal pace. To keep pace teachers, schools and organisations must collaborate to bring a new educational story to reality. Each year GTI is committed to hosting a multi-day convergence of students, teachers and education leaders from throughout South Africa and around the world.
Through a series of concurrent events each tailored to a particular audience (e.g. pre-service teachers) that culminates in the cross-cutting Axis Forum, the Summit aims to allow educators at any stage in their career an opportunity to develop, collaborate, across age and professional and work towards a new vision for education with other educational stakeholders. The Summit is organised by GTI in collaboration with a number of partners and sponsors who with the following aims:
- To share, learn and grow with their peers and master educators from around the world.
- To reflect deeply on teaching practices while developing the necessary skills for transformative 21st-century teaching.
- To share and integrate effective practices into broader national education policy decisions.
- To give leaders a greater understanding of themselves and their personal and professional motives and how to use oneself as an instrument of leadership in the 21st century.
- To engage in dynamic conversations and create new platforms and initiatives to drive educational transformation.
The GTI Axis Summit is designed as a community of practice, where all voices are valued, encouraged to participate, and where every attendee can make a meaningful contribution. A place where everyone is an expert, and experienced practitioners and novices share and contribute to growing everyone’s body of knowledge.