The Global Teachers Institute (GTI) is a teacher development organisation dedicated to strengthening teacher capacity and the quality of schooling in South Africa and across the world by changing the way teachers undergo initial teacher education and in-service professional development. GTI aims to empower student teachers, current faculty, school leaders, and education organisations by offering a range of programs that refocus teacher training and professional development on the principles of classroom excellence, consciousness development, and social responsibility.
An exciting opportunity presents itself at GTI as we seek to appoint a Fundraising and Communications Manager to be based in Parktown, Johannesburg, but national travel will be required.
- Full-time Permanent
- Reports to Executive Director and is a Member of the Executive Committee (ExCo)
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Fundraising and Communications Manager will raise and secure funds for GTI’s work, develop the overall fundraising and communications plan, execute the plan, develop and nurture institutional and individual donor relationships, identify and cultivate prospective donors, and meet or surpass fundraising targets. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining GTI’s marketing and branding materials.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of fundraising strategy in consultation and partnership with the executive team.
- Builds, leads and manages the fundraising and communication team, which comprise one full-time staff member, and potential volunteers and out-sourced providers.
- Manages a portfolio of committed and prospective donors with the fundraising team by leading in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; maintains current documentation of activity.
- Responsible for preparation of written and verbal proposals, concept and informational materials, agreements, and other materials needed to secure major donations in collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate.
- Develops , strengthens and maintains relationships with individuals, corporations, government agencies, and foundations.
- Responsible for creating donor-related materials, including print and electronic appeals, stewardship communication, and meeting packets.
- Collaborates with the executive team to coordinate baseline annual fundraising targets with organisational strategic objectives and budget.
- Conducts and records the outcome of the measurable number of face-to-face visits and other communications with donor prospects to solicit major and planned gifts.
- Represents organisation publicly on occasions when required to grow GTI’s profile and impact.
- Coaches, instructs, supervises, and holds to account the members of the fundraising and communications team.
- Conducts regular appraisal of team members performance and evaluates areas needing focus and growth.
- Provides direct input to funder reports and tracks performance against the development plan.
- Communicates regularly with the fundraising and communications team to develop capacity in the key fundraising domains of stewardship, prospecting, proposals, and appeals.
Executive Team and Board
- Participates in the fortnightly ExCo meeting.
- Coordinates meetings each month with the Fundraising and Communications Committee Chair and prepares a Fundraising and Communications Committee report each quarter for the board.
Education and Experience
- 5 years + experience in a Fundraising role
- 2 years + experience in a Fundraising management role
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree or other relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, public relations or another relevant field.
Skills and other attributes
- Proven track record of lead generation and raising sizeable amounts of funding
- Track record of writing effective proposals
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to work independently and seize opportunities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively
- A wide degree of creativity for fundraising campaigns to small business and private donors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media platforms
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with a positive and professional approach
- Driver’s license and own vehicle essential
Please send a CV with a cover letter motivating your suitability for the position and your remuneration expectations to email@example.com by close of business Monday, 12 July 2021.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application as [SOURCE]
For more about Global Teachers Institute, refer to www.globalteachers.org.